Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

7.30.2003

Cheesy teen comedy co-conspirator!

Playing for tips and free bottled water is a blast, though for last night's efforts I made a whopping one dollar. Yes, folks, that's right...90 minutes of quality chick singer-songwriter, guitar-slinging, Paul-Simon-covering, Leaving-on-a-Jet-Plane-singing, playing-without-a-pick-because-I'm-a-dumbass-and-forgot-to-resupply, ass-kicking musical goodness...for one dollar. This, despite the record crowd in attendance (had to be at least 20 people over the course of the evening) and several favorable comments on my rocking version of "House of the Rising Sun."


But, you know what? It's all good. I'm playing there for love, not money, and they made me flyers. Flyers, people! And I didn't make them, the coffeehouse did. How cool is that?


Of course, I'm going to make some of my own up and take over there, because I can make fancy ones withmy picture on them and stuff...but still, what a really sweet thing to do!! I feel very loved.


In other news, I am to be roommate-less until the end of September. Terrible. Who else can I drag to see "How to Deal" who won't laugh at me???? C'mon, I need my cheesy teen comedy co-conspirator!

No comments: