Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

11.04.2008

Last minute dispatch.

I'm killing time at the office, trying to work on my novel for NaNoWriMo before heading out to the Big Rally. I have butterflies in my stomach, the kind I occasionally get before a really important gig, or a hot date. I feel like tonight's rally is kind of a cross between the two, but with much bigger implications.

A few minutes ago, as I was trying not to obsessively read blogs and news and Twitter streams, I got an e-mail from Starhawk's mailing list. In part, it said this:
Today, we become the nation we dream of being, a place where everyone can rise to the level of their true worth, with no false barriers. Today truth triumphs over lies, hope over fear. Today we become the people who can do the great things that are needed to restore health and balance and abundance for all. Today we take the dream and make it real.

That was exactly what I needed, exactly the intention I want to ground into for this evening's hooplah and spectacle. That's what I'm working with tonight. I have it written down on a post it note in my pocket, and while I stand among the crowd, yelling and screaming and waiting for the good news, I will be holding that piece of paper and willing these words into being.

I believe the world needs those words to be true. I hope, tomorrow morning, that they are. So mote it be.

No comments: