Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

7.01.2008

It's All Connected, or, Dammit: Even Fair Trade Coffee Doesn't Make Dunkin' Donuts Suck Less

This (via Common Dreams) is disappointing. I guess on some level, I sort of knew that big conglomerate military-industrial corporations (a la Halliburton) weren't just making tanks and planes and bombs, but were also buying up companies that get even some of *my* corporate-hating money. Now, I feel obligated to read the book so I can get a list of all the places I will avoid (or feel guilty for patronizing). UGH.

I swear, I'm not going to be able to stop being a hypocrite until I'm living on a tiny organic farm with a wind generator and a composting toilet. Le sigh.

No comments: