Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

2.22.2008

Gems.

So, in the process of archiving all the entries from my old D-land diary, I came across some entries that are just boooooring recap, with the exception of a brilliant sentence or two. I have decided that those brilliant sentences need to be saved from ignominy. What I found so far has been captured here.


  1. From 9Sep2003. "The lesson I'm learning, I suppose, is that people who say they're sensitive probably mean they're hyper-sensitive about themselves, not that they're sensitive to the needs and feelings of others. People who are sensitive with regard to other people never have to say so. "


  2. From 15Sep2003. "Sometimes, I wish all the people I loved were in one place, so we could all go out to a bar on a miserable, heartbreaking day like today...and drink till we were sloppy drunk and get maudlin and weepy and have big drunken singalongs that ended in group hugs and a reminder that the world is okay, as long as you're still surrounded by the people you love. "


  3. From06Oct2003. "Cats should never be allowed to play around full length mirrors. It's just asking for trouble. In a related note, full length mirrors should be hung on the wall, never just left leaning against the wall. Especially if you have a cat that might slide behind the mirror, accidentally bump it into a nose dive, scream like a banshee when it shatters into a hundred knifelike shards, jump four feet into the air and spend the next hour whimpering under the bookcase. To give a general example. "

  4. From 24Oct2003. "Funniest typo ever: leave the 'i' out of 'doing.' Makes it 'dong.' I do it all the time, and every time, I laugh my ass off. Yeah, I know it's not really that funny. "


  5. From 19May2004. "I like the idea of making my life what I want it to be....by actually making my life what I want it to be. Which seems like a no-brainer until you try to actually do it. "

  6. From 25June2004. "Ever have those days where you'd like to carry a sign that says, "Fuck you, world"?
    This makes three or four of them in a row. "

  7. From 13July2004. "As it turns out, most people are idiots. Probably including me. "

No comments: