Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

6.08.2004

New addition!

I got a new kitten!!!

Because I am a geek, I named him Benedick, after the character from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing (for those of you who've seen the movie, Kenneth Branagh played him). Everybody kept telling me "You've got Samwise, you have to name the new one Frodo!" Well, as it turns out, I don't. I'm a firm believer in giving pets names on an individual basis, not just so I can complete my set. So, while I think Frodo is an awesome character and I admire him greatly, I like Benedick better, and I think it suits the new kitty better.

So, yeah, Sam and Ben. Ben and Sam. Pictures will be coming soon!!

I'm still agressively pursuing a new roomie, and I've got a meeting tomorrow with a chick who's moved here recently from New York and is looking to sublease with an option to extend. I spoke with her today, and she seemed very nice...we'll see how it goes tomorrow, if it's the right situation or not. Here's hoping!

Meanwhile, any other geeks in the house check out the Venus transit? Was it not awesome?? Yes, it was awesome. It's okay, you can admit you thought it was awesome. We're all geeks here.

More or less, anyway.

No comments: