Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

2.04.2005

Happy Friday

So, for the past two days, it's been sunny and (relatively speaking) warm here in Chicago.

You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but DAMN does it ever. I'm feeling good, hopeful, somewhere in the neighborhood of cheerful.

Also, it doesn't hurt that I had a guitar lesson last night that went well and was really enjoyable and gave me some new ideas to think about. And that I wrote a song I think I really dig on the train this morning, and have four other new ones locked and loaded and ready to finish up when I get home tonight. And that I finally got inspired with a chant for the Imbolc ritual tomorrow. And that I'm accomplishing shitloads at the office, for the first time in I dunno how long. And that I've got good news on the family front - my sister accomplished some big goals she set herself, and that's awesome!

So, yeah, things are good right now. Hell, if I was getting laid, I'd venture to say I was happy!

You hear that, Universe?

I watched the State of the Union. It pissed me off. The more I learn about the lunatics running the joint, the more I have these apocalyptic visions of a return to McCarthyism and an American Theocracy. Makes me want to hurl. I hope I'm just indulging in a paranoid worst-case scenario....and the fact that I even see a slight possibility that I'm not makes me cringe even more.

Also, Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter are the devil. And Fox News is a fucking joke. See this.

No comments: