Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

1.15.2004

The Tower

Twice in the past two days, people I care about have pitched me very attractive offers to move to Nashville. I am torn in unexpected ways, with hearts all around me all too easily wounded.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to make a decision like this.

I started another round of Tarot classes Tuesday night, and this time, my card for the duration is the Tower. This card is all about shattering the comfortable illusions we build for ourselves and thrusting us forward into new growth, whether we like it or (more likely) not. It's about destroying our assumptions and safety nets and forcing us to be stronger and more true to ourselves and the world we live in. It's about cataclysmic, life-changing events and starting over.

Yep. Right card. Not exactly comfortable, but definitely the right card.

No comments: