Loud-mouthed liberal feminist. Anarchist knitter. Tequila-drinking artsy-smartsy fat chick. Bluesy folk-rock singer-songwriter. Rebel with too many causes. Quirky eclectic pagan poet. Paradoxical intuitive smartass. Sarcastic brainiac insomniac. You know, for starters.

12.29.2003

And now we do the dance of joy!!!

Who's the woman? Yeah, that would be me. Why's that, you ask?

Because my song is ranked #15 out of 327. I broke the top twenty!!!!!

Woo hoo!! Woo hoo!!

Particularly at times like this when all my musical efforts from the past eighteen months are beginning to look like a gigantic, unappreciated waste of my time....it's nice to know that something I did isn't just good in my book. It's nice to know that there are people out there who like what I do and are willing to say so.

I know, I know, I'm not reading too much into the acclaim of a bunch of musicians who're all out for their own glory....but just for a minute, I'm going to bask in the glory of climbing a chart, even if it isn't by Billboard.

No comments: